1. Below are few stats on Digital in India that are compelling.
Brief summary on Digital India footprint
- India had a population of 1.39 billion in January 2021.
- 48.0% of India’s population is female, while 52.0% of its population is male [note: the United Nations does not publish data for genders other than ‘female’ and ‘male’].
- 35.2% of India’s population lives in urban centres, while 64.8% lives in rural areas.
Internet users in India
- There were 624.0 million internet users in India in January 2021.
- The number of internet users in India increased by 47 million (+8.2%) between 2020 and 2021.
- Internet penetration in India stood at 45.0% in January 2021.
Social media statistics for India
- There were 448.0 million social media users in India in January 2021.
- The number of social media users in India increased by 78 million (+21%) between 2020 and 2021.
- The number of social media users in India was equivalent to 32.3% of the total population in January 2021.
Mobile connections in India
- There were 1.10 billion mobile connections in India in January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in India increased by 23 million (+2.1%) between January 2020 and January 2021.
- The number of mobile connections in India in January 2021 was equivalent to 79.0% of the total population.
Note: many people have more than one mobile connection, so figures for mobile connections may exceed 100% of the total population.
2. Travelling into the heart lands of India shows promise and potential
Prior to and in early April 2021, PulsePlay Digital team travelled from Dharamshala & Pune respectively to Delhi to Agra to Etah and a few villages in Uttar Pradesh whereby the team met farmers engaged in contract farming for organic products at a massive scale. Farming communities are on digital and social platforms like never before and are actively listening, watching, interacting and connecting with potential vendors, companies and brands where they may supply their organic produce directly.
Speaking with multiple farming families and farmers and sitting down with them to speak in detail on how they see Digital unfold let us to believe in the positive story of India and it’s potential.
3. Educate, Employ and Empower local community in Dharamshala and India
The Founding Team at PulsePlay Digital believes in contributing back to the communities. Having lived and worked with global brands and clients across several continents and locations such as New York, Dubai, Singapore, London – the time seemed right to turn a page and embark on a new journey.
Below questions kept popping up consistently in almost all conversations:
- The question about coming back to the roots always was top of mind for the Founding Team at PulsePlay Digital.
- Can the youth of India in Tier-II, Tier-III cities be provided?
- world class working, learning and growth environment
- training and internships or employment opportunities
- hands on experience and exposure to work on some of the best in class- India and global projects and programs – within a walking distance of their homes and families where they grew up?
- Can revenue streams be created whereby entrepreneurs-in-residence could be mentored and dreams, startup ideas be funded and guided to scale within India and worldwide.
- Can a mentorship program be created within a world class company to help every team member achieve their true potential.
4. Life of Significance
Can we create a Life of Significance – whereby the best talents, dreamers and achievers from across India and the world would come to Dharamshala in the laps of Himalayas and spend a few days, weeks or months mentoring and guiding young talent to build products, services and solutions for the bottom of the pyramid demographics and build and inclusive community.
Can PulsePlay Digital become a platform and products company that can truly and positively impact all sections of the society.